Solar Radiation Sensor
Measures solar radiation for evapotranspiration (ET) and Temperature/Humidity/Sun/Wind (THSW) Index.
- Features & Benefits
Detects solar radiation at wavelengths of 300 to 1100 nanometers. Solar radiation data is required (along with an anemometer and a temperature/humidity sensor) enables the weather station to report ET and THSW Index.
Stands up to the weather
- Two-piece housing minimizes radiation heating, allows convection cooling of the sensor, and prevents the trapping of water or dust.
Designed for accuracy
- Diffuser element and housing are carefully designed for accurate cosine response.
- Silicon photo diode provides good match to solar spectrum.
- Accuracy: +/-5% of full spectrum
- Cosine Response: =/-3% for angle of incidence from o – 75 degrees
- Temperature Coefficient: -0.067% per degree F (-0.12% per degree C)
- Solar radiation sensor with built-in level
- 2 ft (0.6 m) cable
- A Vantage Pro2 sensor suite (note: Vantage Pro2 Plus and GroWeather already include this product) OR
- A Sensor Transmitter OR
- An EnviroMonitor Node
- A Sensor Mounting Shelf (#6673) for mounting to a Vantage Pro2 sensor suite.
- A Universal Mounting Bracket (#7714) for mounting with a Sensor Transmitter or an EnviroMonitor Node.