Cabled Vantage Pro2 Weather Station with Standard Radiation Shield - SKU 6152C, 6152CM
The Davis Vantage Pro2 weather station is a research-grade weather station that provides professional-grade data for weather enthusiasts, researchers, growers, and weather professionals. It reports real-time wind speeds up to 200 mph, temperature and humidity, barometric pressure, rainfall and other information such as heat index, dew point, highs and lows, and much more. Users have the option to include solar and UV radiation sensors, as well as a fan-aspirated radiation shield. Vantage Pro2 sensors are NIST-traceable and are suitable for professional weather data reporting.
Highlights Click here to learn more about the product.
- Accurate, reliable weather monitoring with real-time data updates every 2.5 seconds.
- Transmits data from the sensor suite to the included cabled console via 100’/30 m cable.
- Sensor suite’s rugged, weather-proof housing gives you years of reliable data.
- Sensor suite includes outside temperature and humidity sensors in a passive radiation shield; wind speed and direction; and rainfall.
- Mount anemometer up to 40’/12 m from the rest of sensor suite for flexible siting.
- Console includes inside temperature and humidity sensors and barometer; shows all sensor data as well as indexes, dewpoint, moon phase, alarms, highs/lows, forecast and more.
- On-screen graphing of weather data shows you over 100 graphs for last 24 hours, days, months or years; tickertape provides forecast and meteorological information.
- Set 22 simultaneous console alarms to warn of dangers such as high wind, freezing temperatures, high rain rate, heat index, and more.
- Sensor suite is AC-powered through the console with battery-backup.
- One-year manufacturer’s warranty.
FAQsClick here to view popular questions and answers about the product.
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions people have about the Davis Vantage Pro2 weather station.
What is Vantage Pro2?
The Davis Vantage Pro2 is a research-grade weather station that provides information that is accurate enough for official broadcast and experimentation. It is designed to deliver reliable, accurate data year after year and is highly configurable, coming with a wide range of sensors and the ability to add on others. It also provides historical data, highs and lows, moon phase, indexes, forecasts and much more.
How do I connect my Vantage Pro2 to the Internet?
The easiest way to connect your wireless Vantage Pro2 to the Internet is using the Davis WeatherLink Live. The sensor suite sends data to WeatherLink Live via radio, then the data is uploaded to WeatherLink.com and the WeatherLink mobile app via Wi-Fi or an ethernet cable.
You can upload your data to a weather service website such as Weather Underground by logging in to WeatherLink.com. Click Share & Uploads, then click Upload, and Add Upload. Choose Weather Underground from the pull-down menu, then enter your station ID and Key.
How do I change the battery in my Vantage Pro2?
The wireless Vantage Pro2 weather station’s sensor suite operates using solar power with a battery back-up that automatically kicks on when needed. The console uses AC power with three C-Cells for backup in case power is lost.
The wireless Vantage Pro2 sensor suite uses a 3-volt CR123 lithium backup battery. It should last several years depending on solar charging. If you receive a “Low battery on station X” message on the console, it is time to change the 3-volt Lithium battery. The battery compartment is located inside the transmitter shelter. To replace the battery, open the transmitter cover and replace the battery. (The battery error might not disappear immediately. It should reset at midnight.)
Your wireless console batteries should last up to 9 months without AC-power.
The cabled Vantage Pro2 sensor suite is AC-powered through the console. The cabled system console batteries should last about a month without AC power.
A message that reads, “Low Battery Console” indicates that the batteries should be replaced. To replace them, with AC power connected, open the battery compartment on the back of the console.
How do I reset my Vantage Pro2?
The Vantage Pro2 weather station console does not have a reset button. To reset the unit unplug it from the AC power source and remove the batteries. Wait 10-20 seconds, and then power the unit on again.