Vantage Connect® for Cabled Stations (USA, CDMA)
Remote weather data, versatile integration. Cellular-based, solar-powered unit sends remote weather station data to the Internet. CDMA cellular technology provides the best coverage in most of the United States. Also available in 2G/3G version (product number 6622C), and wireless version (product number 6621).
- Features & Benefits
Vantage Connect allows you to retrieve weather data from any remote site that has cellular coverage. Powered by battery and solar panel, it receives data from your cabled sensor suite via the cable, then sends it via cellular connection to the WeatherLink Cloud.
From the WeatherLink Cloud, you can access your data on a smartphone with the WeatherLink Mobile App (iOS and Android) or on a computer at your personal WeatherLink.com page. Use your Pro Tier (included in your annual service plan) to graph and analyze your data further.
You can also receive alerts via email or text when specific conditions are met. You’ll know in real-time when temperatures drop near frost levels in your orchard or when wind direction changes near a fire hazard. Perfect for remote orchards, vineyards, farms, vacation or rental homes, and fire hazard areas.
What is Vantage Connect?
– A cabled weather station receiver and cellular modem.
– Solar powered with battery backup; does not require any external power sources.
– Self-contained in a weather-resistant shelter.
– An optional AC Charger is available for areas with prolonged periods of low light and accessible power.
– Add on a Extra Solar Panel Kit for sites with limited sunlight.
How does Vantage Connect work?
– Uploads weather data through a cellular connection to WeatherLink.com in 5, 15, or 60-minute intervals, depending on the service plan you choose.
– Access and store your data on your secure page on WeatherLink.com
– Use your WeatherLink.com Pro Tier (included in your annual service plan) to chart and graph your data anywhere & anytime in any major browser, or download data to your PC for further analysis.
– Set alerts for alarm conditions in the field so you know the moment they occur.
– Can receive data from any cabled Vantage Pro2 integrated sensor suite.
Which Vantage Connect is right for you?
Choose the Vantage Connect that is right for your location. The choice is based on the country and cellular coverage, and whether you need a cabled or a wireless system.
Scroll down to the Similar Products section for more information on all the models of Vantage Connect.
WeatherLink.com 2.0 - New Look, More Features
Bulletin with Current Conditions (FREE!)
Build and customize your bulletin dashboard to receive current data updates from all of your installed sensors. You can move and resize tiles to see the data just the way you like it.
Visualize any of your sensor data with custom line and bar charts on up to 4 different y-axes. Zoom into an hour of data or out to a full year to view details and trends.
Access all of your raw sensor data at the click of a button. You can sort by date/time or data type and export any data set directly to an Excel-friendly .csv file.
Use the WeatherLink Map to view and interact with the community of public stations in the worldwide WeatherLink Network. Click on a station to see a summary of current data and click the bulletin to see the station’s customized weather dashboard.
Use the Davis Mobilize App on iOS or Android to create custom frost, weather, crop and irrigation views for web and mobile. It’s powerful enough to help avoid losing your farm crop to frost, and fun for the data-savvy backyard gardener looking to perfect their tomato crop.
Data in Your Pocket
WeatherLink Mobile App brings your data and the Davis WeatherLink Network to your phone. Join the worldwide network of businesses, schools and hobbyists sharing their weather data with the world. WeatherLink lets you see your personal Davis Instruments weather station data and local forecasts, as well as explore other stations from around the world. Enjoy 7-day and hourly forecast, rain, barometer, solar radiation and many more.
- Reviews & Photos
Thrives in the harshest environment
“We have had quite cold weather after Christmas [here in central Finland]. Temperatures from day to day in front of my window are about -20°C to -30°C. In fact, nearby in middle Finland (62°N), the weather has been colder than in Finnish Lapland (68-70°N)! But all of our Vantage Connects are working just fine! Their performance has been excellent! (By the way, today we got four calls from new semi-professional clients telling us there non-Davis weather stations have stopped working on these cold days and they want Davis Vantage Pro2s!)”
— Ilkka Lilja, Davis International Reseller ILoy, Jyvaskyla, Finland
Transmits Data from Integrated Sensor Suite via Cable
Vantage Connect can be mounted on the same pole as your Vantage Pro2 integrated sensor suite.
Uploads weather data through a cellular connection to WeatherLink.com in 5, 15, or 60-minute intervals, depending on the service plan you choose.
– Cabled Vantage Connect receiver and cellular modem
– Heavy-duty battery backup
– WeatherLink Computer Software
– Your own page on WeatherLink.com with Pro Tier plan full of advanced features (charting, graphing, data export) included in the purchase of a Vantage Connect service plan
– Hardware to mount to a vertical pole
– A Cabled Vantage Pro2 integrated sensor suite
– A Vantage Connect service plan and one-time activation fee
– WeatherLink Computer Software requires a computer running Windows® XP or above
– iPhone®, Android ™, and tablet compatible
– A console or Envoy is not required
Choose your service plan
|Features||5-Minute Plan||15-Minute Plan||60-Minute Plan|
|Update Interval||Every 5 minutes||Every 15 minutes||Every 60 minutes|
|Real-time alarms via email or text||yes||yes||yes|
|Secure data storage||yes||yes||yes|
|WeatherLink.com personal website (public or private)||yes||yes||yes|
|WeatherLink.com Pro Tier with advanced features (charting, data, export, Mobilize)||yes||yes||yes|
|Ability to download data to PC||yes||yes||yes|
|Ability to automatically report data to CWOP||yes||yes||yes|
|Ability to automatically report data to Weather Underground||yes||yes||yes|