Integrated Pest Management Module for Grapes
The Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Module for Grapes provides the final step in linking weather data to actual pest risk, making it a powerful new tool in the battle against crop pest damage.
- Features & Benefits
Know What Pests Threaten Your Vines
If there is anything an experienced grower understands, it’s this: the smallest enemy may be the most formidable. It’s not enough to know what’s happening right now in your vineyard. Growers must know what COULD happen in the next hours, days or weeks. An experienced grower is always aware of what pests and diseases threaten his crop; but no amount of experience can tell him exactly when conditions are favorable for that pest or disease to unleash devastation.
Integrated Pest Management uses the current weather conditions reported by your weather station, in your crop’s micro-climate, and correlates that data with pest models for all known grape pests, including diseases, insects and mites to calculate the pest risk levels. The pest list is customizable to your vineyard: if a pest is not present in your area, you can delete it from your pest list.
Clear Visuals Help Pest Control Decision-Making
See at glance when conditions are at high risk for specific pests. The color-coded table shows high risk pests in red, medium risk pests in orange, and low risk in green. You’ll see photographs of the pest or the disease damage, along with information about the pest. You’ll also be able to view graphs of data and tables compiled from local weather data.
This add-on module works with WeatherLink for Windows and Vantage Pro2 to gather real-time temperature, humidity, rain and leaf wetness data.
Sample Demonstration Program Available
We have created a demo version of the IPM software. Download this sample software today.
- Pest models for all known grape pests, including diseases, insects and mites (ability to delete pests not present in your area)
- See at a glance when conditions are favorable for insect pests reaching a damaging stage of growth, or for disease development to occur
- Color-coded spreadsheet puts the highest risk potential pests at the top of the list and highlights them in red
- Configure the software to reflect pests present in your area and use real-time data from your own weather sensors
- See insect or disease mages and information
- Updated pest development algorithms will provide you with the most accurate, crop-specific risk assessment available
- Anthracnose (Elsinoe ampelina)
- Black Rot (Guignardia bidwellii)
- Botrytis Bunch Rot (Botrytis cinerea)
- Downy Mildew (Plasmopara viticola)
- Phomopsis Cane & Leaf Spot (Phomopsis viticola)
- Powdery Mildew (Uncinula necator)
Insects & Mites Predicted
- Eastern Grape Leafhopper (Erythroneura comes)
- European Corn Borer (Ostrinia nubilalis)
- European Grapevine Moth (Lobesia botrana)
- European Red Mite (Panonychus ulmi)
- Glassy-winged Sharpshooter (Homalodisca coagulate)
- Grape Berry Moth (Paralobesia viteana)
- Grape Phylloxera (Daktulosphaira vitifoliae)
- Grape Root Borer (Vitacea polistiformis)
- Grape Scale (Diaspidiotus uvae)
- Japanese Beetle (Popillia japonica)
- Light Brown Apple Moth (Epiphyas postvittana)
- Omnivorous Leafroller (Platynota stultana)
- Orange Tortrix (Argyrotaenia citrana)
- Pacific Spider Mite (Tetranychus pacificus)
- Potato Leafhopper (Empoasca fabae)
- Redbanded Leafroller (Argyrotaenia velutinana)
- Twospotted Spider Mite (Tetranychus urticae)
- Variegated Cutworm (Peridroma saucia)
- Vine Mealybug (Planococcus ficus)
- Western Grape Leafhopper (Erythroneura elegantula)
- Western Grapeleaf Skeletonizer (Harrisina brillians)
- Software on CD
- All pest models for grapes
- Windows® XP SP3 or above
- WeatherLink for Windows software (version 5.6 or above)
- Vantage Pro2 or Vantage Pro2 Plus weather station
- Wireless Leaf & Soil Moisture/Temperature Station
- Leaf Wetness Sensor
Compatible with Weather Envoy and Envoy8X.