Firmware Engineer/Lead APPLY NOW
Davis Instruments created the personal weather station market over 30 years ago. Since then, Davis has continued to lead the industry in accurate, reliable, and affordable weather instruments and data communication platforms for homeowners, businesses, schools, researchers, municipalities, and growers.
Davis’ EnviroMonitor agricultural technology allows farmers to increase yields and use resources efficiently by making data-informed decisions. The original Davis Instruments line of marine products has been making boating more fun and safer for 50 years. Davis enjoys an excellent reputation, across all product lines, for high quality, durable, and easy to use products and excellent customer service.
We seek a motivated and talented hands-on Firmware Engineer/Lead. We are sure you are great at LeetCode, but can you lead and motivate your peers? Davis Instruments is a place where each person matters and where every day you can make a real difference. Davis offers a competitive salary with a full benefits package and a friendly work environment. We are conveniently located in Hayward with easy access to the East Bay and Peninsula via the San Mateo Bridge.
- Design, implement new product code as well as debug and maintain existing code.
- Work with team members to determine optimum design and implementation strategies.
- Participate in peer code reviews.
- Work closely with hardware engineers to bring up new boards.
- Document designs and production procedures.
- Assist the Technical Support Department with customer issues.
- Work closely with quality assurance in identifying bugs and building fixes.
- Support technical writers on product manuals.
The ideal candidate will have:
- BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years of embedded programming in C++ or C, object-oriented design
- Experience with 8 / 16 / 32 bit microcontrollers such as TI MSP430, ARM M0/3/4, A7/9/53, and others
- Embedded OS experience, Linux, FreeRTOS or Contiki OS, gcc, and GIT source control
- You must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
Davis Instruments is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.|||Hayward, CA|||||||||_2oa--YyfAG.Wnx9|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false