Customer Service Representative APPLY NOW
Davis Instruments created the personal weather station market over 30 years ago. Since then, Davis has continued to lead the industry in accurate, reliable, and affordable weather instruments and data communication platforms for homeowners, businesses, schools, researchers, municipalities, and growers.
Davis’ EnviroMonitor agricultural technology allows farmers to increase yields and use resources efficiently by making data-informed decisions. The original Davis Instruments line of marine products has been making boating more fun and safer for 50 years. Davis enjoys an excellent reputation, across all product lines, for high quality, durable, and easy to use products and excellent customer service.
Davis Instruments is looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic, and dedicated Customer Service Representative. The primary duties of the Customer Service Representative are communicating with customers via inbound phone calls and a high volume of email correspondence. They should be able to quickly assess issues, offer solutions, and make decisions that meet not only the customer needs, but the business needs as well.
- Maintain Customer accounts.
- Answer incoming call and trouble-shooting a broad range of questions such as product orders, product functioning, shipping costs, needs for repair, etc.
- Return customers calls from voicemail.
- Answer questions from customer regarding pricing, availability, tracking information, distributor referrals, reseller transactions, etc.
- Process domestic and international purchase orders obtained from phone, fax, internet, and email.
- Authorizing returns and processing related paperwork.
- Process repairs and related paperwork.
- Mailing invoices, as necessary.
- Scanning documents, as necessary.
- Creating custom documents per customers’ requirements, as necessary.
- Reviewing open orders, communicating with customers when items may be delayed.
- Requesting and documenting freight quotes for customers shipments.
- Printing shipping labels, as necessary.
- Approving orders to be invoiced daily/weekly/monthly.
- Verifying wire transfers to engage AR to release from credit hold.
- Following up on any customers request, internal or external, as necessary.
- Coordinate with shipping for appropriate shipping dates, weights, and dimensions, and adding freight manually to quotes/orders.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High School Diploma.
- Able to use multi-line phone system.
- Experience with CRM systems and practices.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and extremely organized.
- Exemplary customer service skills with a willingness to go above and beyond for our customer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate MS Office Skills.
Davis Instruments is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.|||Hayward, CA|||||||||uUdJoLOvX3ARNm5l|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false