NetSuite Business Analyst APPLY NOW
Davis Instruments created the personal weather station market over 30 years ago. Since then, Davis has continued to lead the industry in accurate, reliable, and affordable weather instruments and data communication platforms for homeowners, businesses, schools, researchers, municipalities, and growers.
Davis’ EnviroMonitor agricultural technology allows farmers to increase yields and use resources efficiently by making data-informed decisions. The original Davis Instruments line of marine products has been making boating more fun and safer for 50 years. Davis enjoys an excellent reputation, across all product lines, for high quality, durable, and easy to use products and excellent customer service.
We are looking for a Business Analyst who will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of the company’s ERP transition to NetSuite, as well as creating/maintaining KPI’s and management dashboards post implementation. This role is divided into two key areas of responsibility: Implementation Responsibilities and Business analytics.
The Business Analyst should have a thorough understanding of the overall goals of the implementation and be able to make and/or act upon most implementation decisions by cooperating with the appropriate business unit representatives. This role will be responsible for all configuration tasks when implementation is complete.
During implementation of ERP, the Business Analyst is responsible for:
- Implementation of the ERP application, working as a key liaison between the ERP Professional Services team and the business unit representatives.
- Ownership of understanding and identifying customer requirements and development of systems that support ERP productivity improvements and enforce corporate policies and procedures.
- Management of the system configuration, including design and data migration decisions.
- Management of User Acceptance testing tasks
- Customization of Forms, Fields, Online forms, and Custom Records, as needed
After completion of the ERP implementation, the Business Analyst will be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining KPI’s and internal management dashboards within the ERP
- Maintenance and daily management of the ERP application.
- Technical and system administration, including data integration with other systems.
- Functional and technical requirements, system configuration, data integrity and all system-related policies and procedures. Define and write functional requirements based on staff business needs.
- Be the primary point of contact for the ERP as well as provide support
- Planning, reviewing, and customizing ERP as needed to meet needs of staff.
- System adoption and satisfaction, including training users on the ERP application relevant to their jobs; provide support to users and maintain proper system access; and support end user technical requests.
- Development and implementation of policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure the quality of data and perform regular data audits; resolve of data integrity issues.
- Development, functional testing and rollout of customizations, custom objects, new enhancements, application releases and system integration based on user/business needs.
- Developing, documenting, and following formal policies, procedures and protocols for changes, customization, standards, usage, etc.
- Development and maintenance of custom application extensions using system API and third-party tools.
Required Business Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Detailed understanding of common industry standard business practices as related to Accounting (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Invoicing, Cost Accounting, Allocation of labor and material burden); Manufacturing (Purchasing, Fulfilment, Work Order).
- Experience with software in a ‘Software as a Service’ (SaaS) environment is an advantage, as is experience with financial accounting, customer management, and Salesforce CRM.
- Previous project management experience desired
- Four-year college degree in relevant discipline
- Project management, system implementation, and system integration experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to work creatively in problem solving environment.
- Ability to balance technical skills with business savvy – ability to transform end-user needs into technical and functional requirements.
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to form relationships both externally and internally
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio and MS Project, is helpful
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Davis Instruments is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.|||Hayward, CA|||||||||qiNnY70YuJFccRRq|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false