Last Updated: October 2, 2018
At Davis Instruments we recognize that privacy is important. This Policy applies to all of the products, services, websites and applications offered by Davis Instruments Corp. If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us through our website or write to us at Website Privacy Inquiry, Davis Instruments Corp. Inc., 3465 Diablo Ave., Hayward, California, 94545 USA.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT:
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide– When you sign up for a WeatherLink.com account or other service that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your user name, email address, account password, latitude and longitude of your weather station). For certain services we may also request credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Log information– When you use our website(s), our servers automatically record Davis network device configuration information and information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications– When you send email or other communication to Davis Instruments Corp., we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Affiliated sites– We may offer some of our services in connection with other web sites. Personal information that you provide to those sites may be sent to Davis in order to deliver the service. We process such information in accordance with this Policy. The affiliated sites may have different privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
- Links– davisinstruments.com or other Davis websites or applications may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, customized content and advertising.
- Providing our products and services to users, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network;
- Developing new services;
- Communicating with you and sending you information about our products and services, unless you have directed us not to contact you with such communications;
- Analyzing trends and statistics; and
- Complying with any legal requirements.
Davis processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process personal information to provide our own services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party.
CHOICES FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you sign up for a particular Davis service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case Davis may not be able to provide those services to you.
Davis only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Davis in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information or performing services on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We may share such information when we team up with another company to offer or provide products or services to our customers.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Davis, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
If Davis becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of its assets, the personal information and other information we have collected as described in this Policy may be among the transferred business assets.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, for example, how many users clicked on a particular link. We may also share with third parties other information that does not constitute personal information. Such information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Davis employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations.
Davis processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you use Davis services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users’ personal information.
Davis regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or Davis’s treatment of personal information by contacting us through this web site or by writing to us at Website Privacy Inquiry, Davis Instruments Corp. Inc., 3465 Diablo Ave., Hayward, California, 94545 USA. When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is Davis’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal information that cannot be resolved between Davis and an individual.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
If you have any additional questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to contact us any time through this web site or at Website Privacy Inquiry, Davis Instruments Corp. Inc., 3465 Diablo Ave., Hayward, California, 94545 USA.