what we do
Davis Instruments, a privately held manufacturing company, takes pride in developing high-quality, reasonably priced products that offer practical solutions to real-life problems. Located in Hayward, California, we back our products with outstanding customer service.
One Year Limited Warranty
We warrant our products to be free of defects in material and workmanship for one year from the date of original purchase. During the warranty period, we will either repair or replace the product free of charge. We recommend you register your Davis product.
30-Day Money Back Guarantee
If for any reason you are not satisfied with something purchased directly from us, return it within 30 days of purchase and we will gladly refund your purchase price. This guarantee does not apply to opened software packages.
- September 21, 2018
Agricultural Sales Manager
Davis Instruments is an established company with an outstanding product line and an excellent team. Davis weather stations are sold around the world and have a leading position in the markets we serve, with foreign sales accounting for more than a third of our revenue. Our ever-growing weather product line includes products that serve direct consumers, government, agriculture, construction, and education markets. Our 100 employees design, engineer, manufacture, and distribute our products from our Hayward, California headquarters.
We build technology that is elegant, flexible, and easy-to-use. Our newest line of products is geared towards agricultural and other environmental sectors. We seek an Agricultural Sales Manager who can effectively present the value proposition of our IoT products and software to resellers, dealers and consumers, while managing all aspects of an assigned territory.
When not visiting customers and prospects or attending trade shows, the Agricultural Sales Manager will work out of our office in Hayward CA, where he or she can enjoy the close-knit and collaborative atmosphere. We observe, learn and communicate with each other to grow as a team. Davis Instruments is not a mega-company hindered by silos and red tape. We are a place where you can walk out on the production floor to see how our products are assembled. We foster a culture where each person really matters, where you can make a real difference, and where we value the balance between work and family.
Key Responsibilities for Agricultural Sales Manager
- Execute sales strategies and programs to achieve objectives regarding revenue, profitability, and market share.
- When not in the Davis office, travel to visit customers, attend trade shows and industry events.
- Hunt for new business while nurturing growth in existing accounts.
- Implement plan for selling environmental monitoring hardware and related SaaS products.
- Be the voice of the customer. Provide customer feedback on product performance, services, and market trends.
- Strengthen the Davis Instruments brand through trade show representation and interaction with customers and prospects.
The ideal candidate will have:
- BS in agriculture science, engineering, or business preferred.
- Outgoing personality with a passion for new technology and eagerness to share our value proposition with the market.
- Demonstrated ability to increase B2B sales of technical or mechanical hardware and/or software solutions.
- Experience building relationships and supporting a distribution channel of value added resellers (VARs).
- Agriculture industry experience, background, or exposure a plus.
- Driven, competitive, desire to win.
- Willingness to learn and contribute to the success of a team.
- Extraordinary communication skills.
- Proficiency in English. Bilingual a plus.
Davis Instruments is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Apply using the form below or check out our application information for more ways to apply.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB