what we do
Davis Instruments, a privately held manufacturing company, takes pride in developing high-quality, reasonably priced products that offer practical solutions to real-life problems. Located in Hayward, California, we back our products with outstanding customer service.
One Year Limited Warranty
We warrant our products to be free of defects in material and workmanship for one year from the date of original purchase. During the warranty period, we will either repair or replace the product free of charge. We recommend you register your Davis product.
30-Day Money Back Guarantee
If for any reason you are not satisfied with something purchased directly from us, return it within 30 days of purchase and we will gladly refund your purchase price. This guarantee does not apply to opened software packages.
- May 2, 2019
Davis Instruments, a leading manufacturer of weather stations and Marine products, currently has an opportunity for an experienced Cost Accountant. Davis offers a competitive salary with a full benefits package and a friendly work environment. We are conveniently located in Hayward with easy access to the East Bay and Peninsula via the San Mateo Bridge.
We are not a mega-company where your relationships with your colleagues are via email or across the conference table. We are a company where we eat lunch with the engineers who are designing the next improvement to our products. At Davis, if you wonder how a product is being assembled, you walk out on the production floor and watch it being assembled. It’s a company where we talk about current events with purchasing staff and take break time walks around the block with software coders. It’s a place where each person really matters, where you can make a real difference, and where we value the balance between work and family.
- Calculate and analyze inventory balances; standard cost and manufacturing variances
- Reconcile ERP reports and activity to the General Ledger; review of job costs for anomalies and review of standard costs for missing or erroneous costing
- Development of methods and procedures for ensuring overall accuracy of inventory accounting is a key deliverable
- Collaborate with operational teams on any necessary changes and process improvements. Assist with the administration and scheduling of cost roll-ups and other ERP system updates/changes
- Monitor inventory physical counting schedule and strategy with Production department for on-site and off-site cycle counts during the year and for the year-end audit.
- Other general accounting responsibilities shared with the department manager including the maintenance of the general ledger, close journals and account reconciliations for assigned sub ledger accounts
- Cross training and coverage of other duties while co-workers are out of office
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- 5 years cost accounting experience (recent) in a job-based manufacturing environment
- ERP system experience
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel functions including, pivot tables, H & V-Lookup
- Experience with leading and implementing process improvements
Davis Instruments is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Apply using the form below or check out our application information for more ways to apply.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB