We Made Weather Personal
As pioneers in the industry, we know weather. We engineer to withstand the harshest conditions — scorching heat, icy rain, 200 mph winds — day after day, year after year.
Of all our assets, our most valuable is our people. From engineers to soldering experts to customer service representatives, every Davis employee takes personal pride in the design, production, and support of our weather products.
Award-winning and recognized
Join Our Team
We are looking for the best people to join the Davis Instruments family.
The global population is expected to reach upwards of 9.5 billion people by 2050, bringing intense pressure on our ability to sustainably produce affordable food. Davis Instruments’ agricultural hardware and software empowers farmers, big and small, with remote sensing and agricultural data to meet the challenges of tomorrow, today.
We are looking for a Product Manager to lead the refinement and expansion of our agriculture products, which includes EnviroMonitor hardware, weather instruments, sensors, and software. The Product Manager is responsible for shepherding hardware and software products and services through their complete lifecycle. Working closely with other Product Managers, Marketing, Sales, and direct customer inputs, the Product Manager provides the definition, market position and business case for new products and services. This position serves as the voice of the market internally and product evangelist externally for Davis Instruments. The Product Manager provides guidance and approves all product elements that contribute to the customer’s experience with Davis Instruments.
Davis Instruments, part of the AEM family of companies, has nearly 40 years of experience manufacturing weather stations that are a favorite choice for farmers around the world. Our ever-growing weather product line includes products that serve direct consumers, government, agriculture, construction, and education markets. Our more than 100 employees design, engineer, manufacture, and distribute our products from our Hayward, California headquarters.
Role and Responsibilities
- Research, develop, maintain, and drive the roadmap for agriculture products and services. This includes market research, competitive analysis, definition, market position, pricing models and business case.
- Manage the complete product and service lifecycle, from introduction to end of life using the Product Development Life Cycle (PDLC); and guide customer feedback using the approved process.
- Manage requirements as development progresses, making strategic trade-offs and prioritization decisions.
- Create, communicate, and manage launch plans with input from key stakeholders to ensure the successful launch of products that meet business needs.
- Provide the sales team with the necessary technical expertise to enable them to sell the product. Ensure that marketing materials and sales tools are being used optimally.
- Develop messaging and brief marketing team on collateral requirements to ensure accurate, customer consumable documentation/in-product help is produced for each new product or service as required.
- Create marketing content for sales campaigns and pipeline generation as required for new and existing markets.
- Gather, propose, and deliver product and service enhancements that increase revenue, customer satisfaction and improve competitive position.
- Design market research projects to assess customer attitudes to the current product and service range and new product and service introductions. Work closely with customers, prospects, and partners to understand their challenges and create detailed use cases and opportunity reports.
- Continually review our core markets to ensure that the company is kept up to date on new developments in the competitive landscape.
- Analyze emerging markets, products, services, competitive and technology trends and utilize the insights to recommend strategic actions and maintain long-term roadmaps.
- Be the market evangelist within the company and the brand ambassador outside the company. Attend, exhibit, and give comprehensive presentations to mixed audiences about markets, problems, technologies, and Davis Instruments/AEM solutions at conferences globally.
- Provide day-to‐day guidance on tactical objectives to other teams including quick, just‐in‐time decisions.
Education and Experience
- Technical Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a Product Owner/Manager role.
- Experience with solutions that include hardware, firmware, IoT, SaaS, user interface, wireless technology, and mobile apps.
- Experience managing clients, stakeholders, and cross-functional teams.
- Domain experience or background in the agricultural industry with a deep understanding of farming and agricultural challenges, requirements, and value drivers.
- Experience with data enabled agronomy and crop management solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful products and services from inception to product launch.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, highly dynamic and at times ambiguous environment.
- Ability to operate in an Agile development environment.
- Ability to build strong relationships with all teams inside the company as well as key individuals outside the company.
- Strong executive presence, with a reputation for unquestioned integrity.
- Comfortable and credible in dealing directly with customers and partners.
- Excellent, compelling written and verbal communicator. Able to clearly articulate complex concepts in a concrete way.
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into product and service requirements.
- Familiar with requirements of shipping hardware or software globally.
- This position requires travel (up to 25%) to customers, sites, tradeshows, and conferences globally.
- Product School or Pragmatic Institute Product Management certificate.
- Experience with securing complex solutions involving hardware and software.
- Experience with Industrial IoT.
- Experience with discrete and recurring pricing models.
- Understanding of remote environmental monitoring.
- Experience working in an ISO certified organization.
- Familiarity with JIRA, Salesforce, and Microsoft Teams.
Davis Instruments is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.