We Made Weather Personal
As pioneers in the industry, we know weather. We engineer to withstand the harshest conditions — scorching heat, icy rain, 200 mph winds — day after day, year after year.
Of all our assets, our most valuable is our people. From engineers to soldering experts to customer service representatives, every Davis employee takes personal pride in the design, production, and support of our weather products.
Award-winning and recognized
Join Our Team
We are looking for the best people to join the Davis Instruments family.
Davis Instruments created the personal weather station market over 30 years ago. Since then, Davis has continued to lead the industry in reliable, affordable, precision weather instruments and data communication platforms for homes, schools, businesses, governments, and farms.
At Davis Instruments, we value a work environment that fosters collaboration with our colleagues as well as individual creativity, where each person really matters and can make a real difference. Our 100-person team is headquartered in Hayward, California.
Davis Instruments is looking for a highly motivated Manufacturing Process and Document Control Coordinator. This positions’ primarily responsibility is to ensure consistency, accuracy and regulatory compliance of product and documentation changes executed through the documentation process.
- Maintains and ensures accuracy and data integrity of the System Parts Master.
- Manage and facilitate an efficient Engineering Control Order system.
- Works as the JIRA Administrator for Manufacturing and Document Control Projects.
- Works with Component Engineering to maintain the Qualified Manufacturers Files (AVL’s)
- Maintains, and makes improvements, and documents the company’s document control management system.
- Works with Engineering during the NPI process to structure new parts as they are developed, and create new MOM’s and BOM’s a allow all Manufacturing and Financial processed to flow smoothly,
- Accurately inputs and maintains Part Master and Bills of Materials and MOMs (Methods of Manufacturing) Keep track of ECO change packages, and update documents per red lines.
- Works with Cost Accounting, Manufacturing Engineering, and Purchasing to make sure standard costs are accurately reported and that BOM/MOM are rolled as necessary to maintain system Standard Costing information.
- Examines and checks documents such as, drawings, engineering change requests, engineering change orders, engineering deviation requests and related specifications to verify completeness and accuracy of data as well as proper department routing & approval.
- Assists Production and Inventory Control to ensure accuracy in Work Order and Inventory transactions.
- Works with authors, reviewers, and approvers in a positive, collaborative manner to ensure controlled documents are routed, reviewed, and approved in a timely manner.
- Other Duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
- AA Degree is preferred
- APICS Certification/CPIM desired
- Position generally requires 3+ years’ experience in the field of Document Control in a discrete manufacturing environment.
- Experience using JIRA Software tools
- Understanding and experience working with ERP Systems
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel are required.
- Excellent attention to detail, high word processing accuracy.
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work independently and in a team environment. Strong follow up, organization and prioritization skills.
- Familiarity with CAD software packages such as AutoCAD or SolidWorks, Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio is preferred.
Davis Instruments is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.